Sunday, May 13, 2012

2012 Going Fast!











      I can't believe it has abeen a year since I posted. Life does get crazy. We get into a routine, or should I say we run the race. I now know the meaning of Mom's taxi. Adam is in 7th grade and Alex started all day kindergarten. All and all it has been a good year. Alex loves the bus, His teacher and His classmates. The weekends are the challenge for Alex. He likes his daily routine. Recess and lunch are the best...and riding the bus is a big bonus. Adam is taller than I am. He passed me in height at Christmas. Adam also turned 13 at Christmas.He is definately a teenager and is a very thoughtful guy 98% of the time. We will leave the other two percent for you to figure out! We lost Our good buddy Tanner in October. It was a sad time for all of us, He was such a lover of a dog. We now have Huck, and his buddy Rowdie to keep eachother company. Dusty thinks it is grand to have two playmates and runs around like a puppy.It is later in the day when he can hardly move from arthritis. It is tough when you are a dog and almost 14. We are making progress in many areas of Alex's growth,development and his attachment. We will continue to have issues.....They are mostly trust related issues and most of them stem from anxiety and the fear of abandonment. He says things like...."I won't cry when we go to the mountains, because I know we will come back home." also if Adam leaves for a night out...."I miss Adam, but I know he will be back." I can see his progress. He cried for the first time in response to a loss. His hamster Keiki died. He said he missed him,Tanner and Papaw. For the first time last night he said he was sorry for throwing one of his little "I'm fried" tantrums. He had been and angel for dinner out....and we decided to take a drive instead of returning directly home. It is amazing what anxiety that creates! On this Mother's Day, I continue to feel blessed and thankful for the blessings of a happy marriage with a sweet,compassionate husband; and the joys as well as frustrations from raising two very special boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment